We are the Milton Lewis Young Marines, Gainesville Florida. If you are new to us, read about the program below. Follow the links on this page for more information about the unit and our activities.
Home of YM SgtMaj Abigail ISLAM
* Started as a Young Marine here at 8 years old
* 2018 -
* 2019 Young Marine Staff for the National Advanced Leadership Academy
* One of 14 Young Marines selected nationwide for trip honoring the WWI/WWII
centennial for trip to Paris, Normandy & Belleau Wood
What is the Young Marines?
The Young Marines is a youth education and service program for boys and girls, ages 8 through completion of high school. The Young Marines promotes the mental, moral, and physical development of its members. The program focuses on character building, leadership, and promotes a healthy, drug-
The mission of the Young Marines is to positively impact America's future by providing quality youth development programs for boys and girls that nurtures and develops its members into responsible citizens who enjoy, and promote, a healthy, drug-
"Strengthening the lives of America's youth."
The Young Marine Obligation:
From this day forward, I sincerely promise, I will set an example for all other youth to follow and I shall never do anything that would bring disgrace or dishonor upon God, my Country and its flag, my parents, myself or the Young Marines. These I will honor and respect in a manner that will reflect credit upon them and myself. Semper Fidelis.
The Young Marine Creed:
1. Obey my parents and all others in charge of me whether young or old.
2. Keep myself neat at all times without other people telling me to.
3. Keep myself clean in mind by attending the church of my faith.
4. Keep my mind alert to learn in school, at home or at play.
5. Remember having self-
Contact the Webmaster
FOUNDER BOB GASCHE 1924 -
The original Commanding Officer of the Milton Lewis Young Marines passed away on July 30, 2019. He established the unit and led it from 2002 to 2005.
Throughout the years he remained active with the unit, instructing the Young Marines on many topics when called upon. We will all miss him.
If you wish to make a donation to the unit in memory of Mr. Gasche, make checks payable to Milton Lewis Young Marines and mail to:
Cary Hill, Commander
10405 SW 127th Terrace
Archer FL 32618
Home of YM Mgysgt Talla Aasved
* Selected as Division 3 Young Marine of the Year 2019
* Selected as Division 3 Public Affairs Officer 2018
* Selected as YM Staff to attend National Advanced Leadership Academy 2019